Sunday 16 November 2014

E-UAE JIT Beta 5 with RunInUAE Beta 3 on X1000

Exciting for me is the release of the E-UAE JIT Beta 5 (Feature complete) with the updated RunInUAE Beta to use it on my X1000.


Finally I can run Amiga AGA demos up to the current year at full speed on the X1000! Great stuff!

Update 12/1/2015: V1.00 of the E-UAE JIT has now been released. You can get it from here.

You can download RunInUAE Beta 3 including the UAE JIT Beta 5 from here. This is the Amigans forum dedicated to discussions about it - http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6718&forum=8 . 

There is an installer for the RunInUAE in the archive to get things up and running. It erroneously prompted for an Amiga Appz: assign which I mounted to the extracted archive folder and the install then proceeded as normal. 

Here is the readme for the new RunInUAE Beta which explains the addition of the new UAE JIT Beta 5:


Here is the resulting Emulation Folder after installation, which includes the new E-UAE JIT Beta folder and my custom Emulation folders I created a long time ago (explained on my blog here) for running Amiga 1200, 2000 and A4000 systems.


I renamed the older UAE and copied the updated UAE program to the Amiga 4000D folder so it used the new JIT version when running my customised emulations (not just the default RunInUAE functionality):


I then added the new JIT config sections from the installed RunInUAE Beta 3 files to my custom A4000D emulation config .uaerc file to get it to use the new Beta:


Demo time! I ran the A4000D Amiga emulation to try out the AGA demos. You can run this in a window but full screen is much nicer in my opinion.

Some screenshots of other demos running well - TBL's Starstruck (above/below):


TBL's Silkcut running at full speed on my X1000 - awesome!


 Some other demo screenshots running using UAE JIT Beta 5 - perhaps you know these demos too:







 An oldie but a goodie - Haujobb on the X1000:


Ephidrena's brilliant 2003 effort running nicely too:


Very exciting to finally be able to run all the Classic Amiga stuff on my X1000 - looking forward to the final release of the JIT UAE software!

5 comments:

  1. Great to read how well the JIT works on your X1000, Epsilon. All the images really help tell the story, as always. -mbrantley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is E-UAE outputting to your 9250 gfx card? It does this on my X1000. Any way to make fullscreen use the RadeonHD card instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try adding into your .uaerc the line: amiga.screen_type=custom or amiga.screen_type=ask and then select the correct screen to open onto when prompted.

      Delete
  3. Nice, interesting post... thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.